As the name suggests, this form of Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) is concerned with how you are looked after should you lose the ability to look after yourself. The person you choose to be your attorney is required to make decisions on your behalf and in your best interests.
Careful consideration is required when nominating your attorney as they will have the ability to:
- Access your personal information.
- Consent to or refuse medical treatment - including life-sustaining treatment.
- Decide on your day-to-day care, including what you eat and how you dress.
- Decide where you live and who you have contact with.
- Decide what social and other activities you can take part in.
Once you have made your decision, the process is a relatively quick and simple one. Advance Accountants Milton Keynes are happy to provide you with a no-obligation quote for our Health and Welfare LPA service, or any of our other Personal and Family, Tax or Accountancy services.
Call us today to arrange a friendly and informal chat.